HealthVenture offers acceleration and investment services for healthcare service providers and producers of healthcare technology and innovation across Pakistan.
The ultimate goals of HealthVenture are:
- To provide tailored advisory, subject matter expertise, access to recent research and data, and investment readiness services to select businesses to help them develop, deploy and/or adopt health technologies and innovation.
- To enable select businesses to develop and execute a growth strategy through long term financing, investments & commercial linkages.
WHO IS THIS PROGRAM FOR?
Businesses with new, innovative and unique business models offering innovative, highly value adding, scalable and technological solutions, demonstrating potential for causing positive economic and social transformation will be preferred.
You are eligible to apply if you fall under one of the following segments:
HealthVenture consists of two main components
The Complete HealthVenture Journey of an Entrepreneur
What is our Selection Criteria?
- A unique and innovative business model with potential for causing or contributing to a transformative effect in the health sector, specifically in terms of improving quality of services, increasing access, convenience and/ or affordability.
- A clear market niche, sound target market and customer base.
- Realistic competitive advantage in terms of price, quality and easy/ large access.
- Strong revenue and profit models, potential for scalability and growth.
- Strong value chain effect.
- The business demonstrates positive environmental and sustainable development (impact) effect.
- Strong entrepreneurial traits, including (but not limited to) leadership qualities, risk taking, street smartness, ability to do more with less etc.
- Coachable team, including (but not limited to) openness to advisory, learn, ability and openness to constantly iterate, adapt and evolve based on changing conditions, realities or assumptions etc.
- Past experience in doing business, or as an employee in a similar industry, or subject matter expertise relevant to the product/ service.
- Strong interest in the health sector and the idea/ business being proposed, with significant skin in the business.
Are you an entrepreneur with an innovative and transformational business or startup?
To learn more about HealthVentuire:
The overall objective of the Accelerate Prosperity (AP) initiative is to promote entrepreneurship and the creation of sustainable Small and Growing Businesses (SGBs), with a focus on youth and women in fragile contexts. Its mandate is to facilitate creation of Small and Growing Businesses (SGB), which are “commercially viable businesses with a potential to create between 5 to 250 jobs”.
This is a fit for purpose initiative undertaken by the Aga Khan Foundation and Industrial Promotion Services of the Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development. AP complements broader economic-related programs of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) and draws significantly on technical expertise from other AKDN institutions, whilst coordinating efforts with other partners.
Ultimately, AP aims to contribute to inclusive economic development by catalyzing SGBs, promoting entrepreneurship amongst women and youth, and creating space and networks to facilitate technical expertise and creative financial solutions that can bridge the gaps between entrepreneurs, investors, governments and donors, as well as forging the link to higher learning, for the betterment of economic development.
The Aga Khan University is a pioneering institution of higher education that works to improve quality of life in the developing world and beyond. The University operates programmes in campuses in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and the United Kingdom, and treats more than 2 million patients per year at seven hospitals and more than 350 medical centres. A study of AKU’s impact in Pakistan, conducted by U.S.-based Centennial Group International, found that AKU has an annual economic impact in Pakistan of US$ 1 billion, and directly and indirectly supports 42,000 jobs annually.