Outreach Intern (Remote)
Title: Outreach Intern (Remote)
Duration: 1.5 months (Full time)
Start Date: 1stst April 2021
Accelerate Prosperity (AP) is a part of new global initiative of the AKDN in Central and South Asia, which follows guidance from the Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) Board to develop more formal structures to catalyze enterprises within AKDN’s main area development programs, where economic opportunities remain insufficient. Through patient capital and tailored business advisory to startups and businesses, AP complements broader employment-related programs of AKF and draws significantly on technical expertise from the Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development’s (AKFED) Industrial Promotion Services (IPS), and coordinates efforts with the AKDN’s financial institutions, the University of Central Asia and many other national partners.
Its overall mandate it to facilitate the creation of small and growing businesses (SGBs), with the overall vision to create an inclusive and prosperous society powered by the entrepreneurs.
The Intern will assist the outreach and investment team in carrying out AP’s new financing cycle campaign. The intern’s key duties include
- Headhunting potential businesses as per guidance from the line manager and create and maintain a database
- Accompany and assist AP staff in the field during business visits and conducting information sessions
- Work closely with their respective institutions in organizing information sessions and make independent effort in mobilizing businesses to attend sessions.
- Assist in delivering the application forms and other marketing material to all the application collection hubs, coordinate with the hubs and keep the line manager informed about the progress of activities, needs or any other queries from businesses or hubs regarding the application process and information sessions.
Key Milestones / Targets till the internship ends
- Make a database of existing high growth high impact businesses in his/her respective region
- 100 quality applications submitted by viable businesses
- Facilitate the line manager to conduct information sessions
MODE OF SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS
31st March, 11:59pm (PST), 2021