Accelerate Prosperity is an initiative of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) in Central and South Asia, with a mandate to create sustainable enterprises by investing in companies that can enable social, environmental and economic growth while delivering good capital returns.
International Certificate In Entrepreneurship
Accelerate Prosperity and E4Impact Foundation offer the International Certificate in Entrepreneurship (ICE) to aspiring and early stage entrepreneurs who desire to build/ grow their enterprises.
The goals of ICE are
- To equip the entrepreneurs with the required skills and knowledge for launching and growing a business
- To improve investment readiness of a business by adopting sustainable business models, using tools such as Business Model Canvas, Financial Model, Information Memorandum and Pitch Decks and meeting all legal and compliance requirements
- To secure the required financing to launch their business
ICE consists of two main components
Training and Advisory:
It’s a unique approach where a pool of trainers, mentors, subject-matter experts and business coaches whose capacities are relevant to types of businesses selected for incubation services, design and lead the entire process. The process is specifically designed for new ideas and early stage businesses which have significant potential for growth and impact.
The modules covered in this component include
AP’s Financing Information:
What’s in it for an Entrepreneur?
The Complete ICE Journey of an Entrepreneur
Submission of Application: Submit your business idea for initial screening by Accelerate Prosperity.
Award of International Certificate on Entrepreneurship: Upon successful completion, receive an internationally accredited certificate by E4Impact Foundation and AP.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Entrepreneurs from Pakistan who aim to launch a business anywhere in Pakistan, are eligible to apply.
- New, innovative and unique ideas offering highly value adding, scalable and technological solutions and demonstrating potential for causing positive economic and social transformation will be preferred.
- Business ideas from ALL sectors can apply.
WHO CANNOT APPLY?
- Businesses involved in practices that are illegal, unethical and/or cause substantial damage to the environment.
- Not-For-Profit business ideas or institutions.
What is our Selection Criteria?
- A unique and innovative business idea with potential for causing or contributing to positive economic and social transformation.
- A clear market niche, sound target market and customer base.
- Realistic competitive advantage in terms of price, quality and easy/ large access.
- Strong revenue and profit models, potential for scalability and growth.
- Strong value chain effect.
- Impact potential.
- Strong entrepreneurial traits, including (but not limited to) leadership qualities, risk taking, street smartness, ability to do more with less etc.
- Coachable team, including (but not limited to) openness to advisory, learn, ability and openness to constantly iterate, adapt and evolve based on changing conditions, realities or assumptions etc.
- Past experience in doing business, or as an employee in a similar industry, or subject matter expertise relevant to the product/ service.