Accelerate Prosperity is an initiative of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) in Central and South Asia, with a mandate to create sustainable enterprises by investing in companies that can enable social, environmental and economic growth while delivering good capital returns.
National Tourism Incubator
National Tourism Incubator (NTI) program is the first of its kind national level platform for innovative tourism businesses to come forward, get access to tailored advisory, financing and market linkages through a formalized program. The focus of the program is to explore untapped business opportunities, especially in areas of adventure, winter, and sustainable tourism in Pakistan.
The goals of NTI are:
- Equip entrepreneurs with the required skills and knowledge for launching and growing a business.
- Improve investment readiness of a business by adopting sustainable business models, using tools such as Business Model Canvas, Financial Model, Information Memorandum and Pitch Deck and meeting all legal and compliance requirements.
- Help selected entrepreneurs secure financing from AP and other partner institutions.
WHO IS THIS PROGRAM FOR?
- Entrepreneurs and businesses with innovative business models focused on promoting different forms of tourism including sustainable, eco, winter, and adventure tourism
- Entrepreneurs with investable business ideas or running unique tourism-focused businesses e.g., paragliding, ice-skating, water rafting,
National Tourism Incubator consists of two main components
The Complete National Tourism Incubator Journey of an Entrepreneur
Induction into NTI Program
Business Training & Advisory: Online training sessions, One on One and Group Advisory
What is our Selection Criteria?
- A unique and innovative business model with potential for causing or contributing to positive economic and social transformation
- A clear market niche, sound target market and customer base.
- Realistic competitive advantage in terms of price, quality, and easy/ large access
- Little or no revenue and profit models, potential for scalability and growth
- Strong team
- Strong value chain effect
- Impact potential
- Strong entrepreneurial traits, including leadership qualities, risk taking, street smartness, ability to do more with less, etc.
- Coachable team, including (but not limited to) openness to advisory, learn, ability and openness to constantly iterate, adapt and evolve based on changing conditions, realities, or assumptions etc.
- Experience in doing business, or as an employee in a similar industry, or subject matter expertise relevant to the product/ service.