Accelerate Prosperity is an initiative of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) in Central and South Asia, with a mandate to create sustainable enterprises by investing in companies that can enable social, environmental and economic growth while delivering good capital returns.
Women Techpreneurs aims to enable the growth and creation of high growth potential tech-oriented business ideas and existing early-stage businesses through tailored training and mentorship, creative financial solutions, access to market linkages, and subject matter expertise.
The goals of Women Techpreneurs comprise the following:
- Equip women entrepreneurs with the required skills and knowledge for launching and growing a business.
- Improve investment readiness of women-led businesses by adopting sustainable business models, using tools such as Business Model Canvas, Financial Model, Information Memorandum and Pitch Deck and meeting all legal and compliance requirements other partner institutions
- Secure financing from AP and other investment institutions
Women Techpreneur consists of two main components
Training and Advisory:
It’s a unique approach where a pool of trainers, mentors, subject-matter experts and business coaches whose capacities are relevant to types of businesses selected for incubation services, design and lead the entire process. The process is specifically designed for new ideas and early stage businesses which have significant potential for growth and impact.
The modules covered in this component include
AP’s Financing Information:
What’s in it for an Entrepreneur?
The Complete Women Techpreneur Journey of an Entrepreneur
Submission of Application: Submit your business idea for initial screening by Accelerate Prosperity.
Receive initial preparatory material form AP to prepare for the upcoming lectures and assignments.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- Aspiring and existing women entrepreneurs in the GBC region with innovative technology-based business ideas or startups who are looking for a platform to start or grow a successful business.
- New, innovative and unique ideas offering highly value adding, scalable and technological solutions and demonstrating potential for causing positive economic and social transformation will be preferred.
- Business ideas from ALL sectors can apply.
WHO CANNOT APPLY?
- Businesses involved in practices that are illegal, unethical and/or cause substantial damage to the environment.
- Not-For-Profit business ideas or institutions.
What is our Selection Criteria?
- A unique and innovative business idea with potential for causing or contributing to positive economic and social transformation.
- A clear market niche, sound target market and customer base.
- Realistic competitive advantage in terms of price, quality and easy/ large access.
- Strong revenue and profit models, potential for scalability and growth.
- Strong value chain effect.
- Impact potential.
- Strong entrepreneurial traits, including (but not limited to) leadership qualities, risk taking, street smartness, ability to do more with less etc.
- Coachable team, including (but not limited to) openness to advisory, learn, ability and openness to constantly iterate, adapt and evolve based on changing conditions, realities or assumptions etc.
- Past experience in doing business, or as an employee in a similar industry, or subject matter expertise relevant to the product/ service.