Accelerate Prosperity is an initiative of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) in Central and South Asia, with a mandate to create sustainable enterprises by investing in companies that can enable social, environmental and economic growth while delivering good capital returns.
ASSISTANT MANAGER, Data Analysis, Marketing and Communications
Title: Assistant Manager, Data Analysis, Marketing and Communications
Location: Gilgit/ Islamabad
Line Manager: Manager, Marketing and Communications
Period: 2 years
The overall objective of Accelerate Prosperity in South and Central Asia (AP Asia) is to contribute to the enhanced equitable economic well-being of women and men in rural Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan and the Kyrgyz Republic. The specific objective of this EU funded Action is to improve self-employment and employment of women and men in supported enterprises. The Action will achieve this through two intermediate outcomes:
- Increased growth of supported enterprises.
- Increased trade between supported enterprises, producers and clients in targeted areas.
The creation of new start-up enterprises, the growth of small businesses, and a focus on youth and women led ventures will be critical. The Action aims to contribute to positive trends in Gross National Income and Gender Development Index scores.
The AM will be responsible for assisting in the overall data management of AP portfolio of businesses as well as marketing and communication. As data analyst, he/ she will be responsible for data collection, analysis and reporting. He/ She will also be responsible for developing and updating investment summaries, factsheets, business/ investment booklets, businesses databank, legal documentation etc. in liaison with the investment team.
The AM will also assist in marketing and communications activities which includes coordinating with the design and production teams (external companies/ freelancers) for digital content development, liaising with the investment team to collect data for developing communication material and knowledge products. It also includes undertaking all logistical, marketing and communication activities around business training and advisory services for entrepreneurs. He/ She will also be responsible for communicating with businesses on financing and recoveries.
This role requires working closely with the investment team and others to ensure that all tasks are done as per the expectations and requirements.
- Data Analysis and Reporting
- Data collection, analysis and reporting on a quarterly, bi annual and annual basis, or as and when required by the line manager. This would include internal management reports, governance and donor reporting (narrative and presentations).
- Development and maintenance of a database of all “Core Indicators” on supported businesses and update it regularly.
- All data collection, analysis and management activities during all AP training and advisory cycles for entrepreneurs.
- Regular data management of portfolio companies in liaison with the investment team.
- Design and conduct surveys/ census for collecting relevant data from the businesses.
- Investment documentation and management in liaison with the investment team. This includes the development of:
- Business Profiles
- Pitch Decks/ Videos
- Investment Summaries
- Investment Booklets, Information Memos etc.
- Legal financing agreements and annexures etc.
- Marketing and Communications
- Assist in marketing and communications activities, including designing marketing campaigns, content/ material development (videos, documents, brochures, infographics, posters etc.) and knowledge products around all AP activities (trainings, advisory services, investment services, talks/ webinars etc.)
- Social and electronic media management of all AP electronic and social media channels (Website, FB, Insta, LinkedIn, Twitter, AP Email Account) in liaison with the line manager.
- Manage all logistics around AP training and advisory services to entrepreneurs. This includes organizing and moderating the sessions, communicating various activities through various channels (email/ phone call etc.) to target audience.
- Communicating with Portfolio Businesses on Repayments:
- In liaison with Investment Analysts, maintain regular communication with all businesses on loan repayments/ recoveries , in order to ensure timely repayments, and keeping a database of all repayments.
- Delinquency management, which includes regular prompts to businesses on repayments, business visits, legal recourse, liquidation etc. in liaison with the Investment Analysts.
- Maintain legal booklets and documents of all on all businesses in the database in coordination with investment analysts
- Any other task required by the line manager.
- Bachelors or Masters preferably in Marketing, Communications, Data Analysis, Entrepreneurship or in any other relevant subject.
- At least 3-4 years of experience in a professional setup/ institution on marketing, communication and/ or data analysis preferably in a corporate environment.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and executing effective/ successful marketing campaigns.
- Graphic designing and/or video editing skills are compulsory. Knowledge of software like coral draw, illustrator or photoshop is required.
- Experience in a startup space will be desirable.
MODE OF SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS
16 Dec, 11:59pm (PST), 2020