Accelerate Prosperity is an initiative of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) in Central and South Asia, with a mandate to create sustainable enterprises by investing in companies that can enable social, environmental and economic growth while delivering good capital returns.
CONSULTANT, Market Analysis and Marketing
Accelerate Prosperity (AP) is a part of new global initiative of the AKDN in Central and South Asia, which follows guidance from the Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) Board to develop more formal structures to catalyze enterprises within AKDN’s main area development programs, where economic opportunities remain insufficient. Through patient capital and tailored business advisory to startups and businesses, AP complements broader employment-related programs of AKF and draws significantly on technical expertise from the Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development’s (AKFED) Industrial Promotion Services (IPS), and coordinates efforts with the AKDN’s financial institutions, the University of Central Asia and many other national partners.
AP’s approach combines financial and non-financial support, recognising that standalone business development services and traditional bank financing are inadequate to catalyse start-ups, grow small firms, and deliver job creation in fragile and emerging markets, particularly for marginalized groups in rural areas. The overall theory of change is that with improved business models, investment readiness along with tailored financing bundled with commercial and B2B linkages driven by the private sector, the supported businesses will be equipped to unlock private sector investments, sales and growth, leading to increased incomes and job creation.
PURPOSE OF CONSULTANCY
As a part of AP’s acceleration services to startups and existing businesses (small-sized), it aims to enable businesses develop and/or fine tune their marketing strategy and marketing plan of their company. Marketing planning is important to drive business’ sales and promotion. Another objective is to provide aspiring entrepreneurs with effective tools and methodologies to analyze market and competition and to conduct an effective, targeted marketing activities
The other objective of the training is also to enable the entrepreneurs to integrate the marketing plan in their business model and execution strategy.
The purpose of this consultancy is to use the existing training material/ curriculum of AP and deliver online training and advisory to cohort of 20-25 entrepreneurs on developing of an effective marketing plan and strategy.
It is expected that the cohort entrepreneurs will be able to do the following things after attending this training:
- Develop a comprehensive (yet concise) marketing plan and sales strategy of the business, primarily for the shareholders and potential investors
KEY LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon completing this training, cohort entrepreneurs will be better able to:
- Identifying their customers and their needs.
- Analyze competitive landscape.
- Develop their business Pricing and positioning strategy.
- Develop their business marketing plan and sales strategy.
- Developing their business information memorandum.
- Mini lecture (20%), Exercise/ Practice (40%), Examples (15%), Mentoring (15%)
The training should use the content available with AP and adopt a case-study based approach in order to engage cohort entrepreneurs actively in the learning process. The trainer will also be encouraged to adopt new content and tools beyond AP’s existing content in order to effectively deliver the training.
At the start of the training, entrepreneurs should be encouraged to share their understanding about the purpose of the training, topics and issues around it. During the training, the trainer acts as facilitator along with business coaches, using interactive learning methods to help participants to share their experiences and learn through participation in activities such as group discussions, case studies, and intense exercises/ practice sessions. The trainer is expected to deliver the training in a way that all participants are able to apply the knowledge gained, in applying/ executing comprehensive and high-quality marketing plan and information memorandum for small businesses at the end of the training.
NATURE OF CONSULTANCY
- One to one and Group Advisory
SCOPE OF ENGAGEMENT
- Trainer is expected to deliver the training syllabus. Please download the syllabus from the announcement page.
- 7-10 days of preparation
- 7 days of training (2-3 hours per day) between 07-13DEC 2020 from 17:00 – 19:00 every day.
- Online over zoom.
KEY CAPACITIES REQUIRED
The required capacities include:
- 1 Trainer with significant background in developing marketing plan, marketing strategy and advising businesses on developing Information memorandum/ business plan
Profile of the Trainer(s)
- Bachelors or preferably MBA/ Masters along with relevant professional certification
- At least 5-7 years of experience in marketing, market analysis, product design and launch.
- 5-7 years of training and advisory experience preferably for businesses (particularly SMEs).
- 30% of the total value of consultancy service will be given as mobilization advance.
- 50% on the delivery of the training and its outputs mentioned above.
- 20% of the total value of consultancy will ONLY be given as the final payment if the average pre- and post-training evaluation score is above 70. It is the exclusive responsibility of the trainer and his/ her team to achieve this score.
Both individual consultants and consulting firms are eligible to apply for this.
Please submit the following to us in order to apply for this consultancy:
- CV with details of your experience and expertise regarding the “capacity required” for this consultancy mentioned above.
- Financial quote, gross figures inclusive of all kinds of costs.
5th December 2020, 17:00 PST
MODE OF SUBMITTING APPLICATIONS
“Consultancy- Market Analysis and Marketing”.