Accelerate Prosperity is an initiative of the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN) in Central and South Asia, with a mandate to create sustainable enterprises by investing in companies that can enable social, environmental and economic growth while delivering good capital returns.
Procurement of Training and Advisory Services for Marketing and Sales
Accelerate Prosperity (AP) is a part of new global initiative of the AKDN in Central and South Asia, which follows guidance from the Aga Khan Foundation (AKF) Board to develop more formal structures to catalyze enterprises within AKDN’s main area development programs, where economic opportunities remain insufficient. Through patient capital and tailored business advisory to startups and businesses, AP complements broader employment-related programs of AKF and draws significantly on technical expertise from the Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development’s (AKFED) Industrial Promotion Services (IPS), and coordinates efforts with the AKDN’s financial institutions, the University of Central Asia and many other national partners.
E4impact Foundation (E4Impact) is an initiative launched in 2010 by ALTIS (Graduate School of Business and Society of Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore), with the objective of training impact entrepreneurs in emerging markets in order to support the start-up and growth of their businesses. In 2015, E4Impact became a Foundation with the support of Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Securfin, Mapei, Salini-Impregilo, Bracco, ENI and other Individual Participants. The work of the Foundation contributes to the accomplishment of many of the United Nations 2030 Sustainable Goals, including access to quality education, decent work, economic growth and poverty and hunger reduction.
PURPOSE OF SERVICE PROVISION
As a part of AP’s incubation services to startups it aims to enable entrepreneurs to develop and/or fine tune their marketing strategy and plan. AP is looking for a company or consortium of individual trainers to train AP’s entrepreneurs on the below module.
Marketing and Sales
The objective of this module is to enable the entrepreneurs to be able to do the following things after attending this training:
- Develop a comprehensive (yet concise) marketing plan and sales strategy of the business
Key Learning Outcomes
Upon completing this training, cohort entrepreneurs will be better able to:
- Identifying their customers and their needs.
- Analyze competitive landscape.
- Develop their business Pricing and positioning strategy.
- Develop their business marketing plan and sales strategy.
- Developing their business information memorandum.
- Mini lecture (20%), Exercise/ Practice (40%), Examples (15%), Mentoring (15%)
The training should use the content available with AP and adopt a case-study based approach in order to engage cohort entrepreneurs actively in the learning process. The trainer will also be encouraged to adopt new content and tools beyond AP’s existing content in order to effectively deliver the training.
At the start of the training, entrepreneurs should be encouraged to share their understanding about the purpose of the training, topics and issues around it. During the training, the trainer acts as facilitator using interactive learning methods to help participants to share their experiences and learn through participation in activities such as group discussions, case studies, and intense exercises/ practice sessions. The trainer is expected to deliver the training in a way that all participants are able to apply the knowledge gained, in applying/ executing comprehensive and high-quality marketing plan and information memorandum for small businesses at the end of the training.
Nature of Service provision
- Deliver online training
Scope of Engagement
- Trainer/s is/are expected to deliver an online training
- At the end of the contract period the trainer is expected to help entrepreneur prepare their Marketing Plans.
- Trainer is expected to deliver the training syllabus which will be developed by the trainer with the professor of E4Impact.
Opportunity to become a certified trainer from E4Impact Foundation, Italy
- The selected trainer will join the Train the Trainers (ToT) training conducted by E4Impact Foundation and will get a certificate as a certified master trainer. The certified trainer will be given preference during the selection for all future engagements with AP especially International Certificate in Entrepreneurship as well.
Proposed Time Period (Applies separately to each module)
- 04 days online training (02 hours/day) (06June-09June 2022)
- 06 days to attend the training which E4 Impact will provide to the trainers and business coaches in May 2022
- Virtual (Zoom)
Number of participants:
- 30-35 in ICE 2022 cohort.
Key Capacities Required
The required capacities include:
- 01 Trainer with significant background in designing marketing plan, marketing strategy, market analysis and product design and launch
Profile of the Trainer(s)
- Bachelors or preferably MBA/ Masters along with relevant professional certification
- At least 5-7 years of experience in training entrepreneurs
Results Based Payment
- 30% of the total value of service provision will be given as mobilization advance.
- 50% on the delivery of the training and its outputs mentioned above.
- 20% of the total value of service provision will ONLY be given as the final payment if the average pre- and post-training evaluation score is above 70. It is the exclusive responsibility of the trainer and his/ her team to achieve this score.
Both individual service providers and service provision firms are eligible to apply for this.
Applications Submission Method
Please submit the following to us in order to apply for this consultancy:
- CV with details of your experience and expertise relevant to the “capacity required” for this service provision mentioned above.
- Financial quote, gross figures inclusive of all kinds of costs.
28th April 2022, 17:00 PST
Mode of Submission
Email soft copies at, start@accelerateprosperity
Original sealed documents via courier to be sent in the following address
Nadeem Ullah Khan
Professional Development Center North, Konodas, Gilgit.